SI books are issued to each Employee to monitor the payment and entitlement of the SI regimes and serve as the basis to solve the SI regimes for Employees. Therefore, in some cases where Employees have lost, damaged, or encounter any content errors or need to change the information recorded in SI books, they will have to apply for their re-issuance.
- In case of re-issuing SI books
Under Decision 595/QĐ-BHXH dated 14/04/2017, Employees will be reissued SI books in the following cases:
- Re-issuance of SI books (including cover and sheet) in case of loss, damage; combination of SI books; change in SI book number, surname, first name, middle name, birth date; for those who have enjoyed SI once but have not yet enjoyed UI;
- Re-issuance of the cover of SI books in case of revising gender and nationality; and
- Re-issuance of the sheets of SI books in case of loss, damage.
- Are Employees required to carry out procedures for applying for re-issuance of SI books when changing their People’s ID cards to Citizen ID cards?
from January 1, 2016, the Citizen Identification Law became effective and
allowed Vietnamese citizens aged 14 or over to be issued Citizen ID cards in
lieu of People’s ID cards. For People’s ID cards issued before January 1, 2016,
they are still valid until expiry of their prescribed time limit. In case of
any resident’s request, any People’s ID card can be changed to a Citizen ID
card. As a matter of fact,
after the Citizen Identification Law went into effect, many Vietnamese citizens
changed their people’s ID cards to citizen ID cards, resulting in a change in
the information on their identity card number, issuing date and place compared
with that recorded in their SI books. However, based on the re-issuance of SI
books stipulated by Decision 595/QĐ-BHXH, the change in the information on
people’s ID number, issuing date and place does not fall into the case of
re-issuance of SI books. Therefore, Employees are not required to ament such
information and this also does not affect Employees’ SI regimes.
Article 96.1 Law on SI
Article 46.2 Decision 595/QD-BHXH dated 14/04/2017
Article 38.2 Citisen Identification Law