- Conditions for pension entitlement
Pursuant to the SI Law 2014, in order to enjoy pension, Employees should meet the conditions on retirement age and social insurance payment time as follows:
- For pension age: male Employees are 60 years old and female Employees are 55 years old; and
- For SI payment time: Employees on retirement must pay SI for 20 years or more.
2. May Employees, with enough age for retirement but without enough years of paying SI, pay once for the missing years?
When Employees are eligible for retirement age, but the period of paying SI is less than 20 years, they may pay until a sufficient number of 20 years to enjoy pension: At that time, Employees may choose to pay SI in any of the following methods:
- Pay on a monthly basis; or
- Pay every 3 months; or
- Pay every 6 months; or
- Pay every 12 months; or
- Pay once for a period without exceeding 5 years.
for SI paying Employees who are eligible for their retirement age while their
missing SI payment time is less than 10 years (120 months), they can also pay
once for a period of 20 years for pension entitlement in addition to choosing
one of the said payment methods. Thus, Employees can pay
voluntary SI once for enjoying pensions and the specific payment rate is selected
by them in line with their income. The time of beginning pension entitlements
will be calculated from the 1st day of the adjoiningly following month after
the month of full payment for the missing years.
Article 73.1 Law on SI
Article 73.2 Law on SI
Article 8.2 Circular 01/2016/TT-BLĐTBXH dated 18/02/2016
Article 5.2 Circular 01/2016/TT-BLĐTBXH dated 18/02/2016